User Experience And Interface Designer
City West Water
User Experience and Interface Desginer
- We support our people to learn, grow and reach their full potential
- Collaborative, high-energy team environment
- Access to flexible working arrangements
Based in Melbourne’s CBD fringe, City West Water provides world-class clean drinking water and sewerage services to over 1 million customers and 40,000 businesses in Melbourne’s CBD and the growing western suburbs.
We are proud to serve the city that has been awarded world’s most liveable time and time again, and are working hard to support our customers through the challenges of population growth and a changing climate.
We are creating an organisation that is as vibrant and diverse as the community we serve, as we recognise that our people are our greatest asset.
This newly, created role is crucial in assisting the implementation of our Customer First Strategy by acting as a conduit between us the organisation and our customers to, obtaining valuable insights into customer experiences that inform service design changes that are vital in improving our service delivery.
The primary purpose of this role is to support the Customer Experience team in delivering intuitive and human digital solutions for our valued customers.
What you’ll bring to the role
As well as your ‘Can Do’ attitude, we expect you’ll have:
- UX Design experience, preferably redesigning complex solutions in a large organisations or in a corporate setting, including experience with UX standards, tools and testing
- Demonstrated experience working in high-performing multi-disciplinary project teams and utilising agile delivery methods
- Experience in delivering customer- facing workshops
- Ability to work in collaboration with customers to develop and iteratively test ideas for improving services and products by establishing detailed requirements and design fit for purpose customer solutions
- Establishing strategic relationships with key stakeholders
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant Tertiary Degree – or equivalent preferably in a design discipline
What we offer in return:
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package
- Flexible working arrangements, including Work Life Balance and leave options
- A focus on wellbeing (health insurance, flu vaccinations, skin checks)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Continuance and Life Insurance
- Commuter Club-discounted Myki
- A centrally located office in vibrant Footscray, just 10 minute drive, or two train stops, from Melbourne’s CBD.
We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity at City West Water increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of the application so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
For further information about the role please refer to the attached position description
Although applications for this role close at 11.59pm on 26th of February 2019, you are encouraged to apply earlier as shortlisting will commence during the application process.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and have a satisfactory police check.
We exist for our customers and to benefit our community.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: