Private Company - Taylors Lakes, VIC
Junior School Learning Development and Support (Special Ed) Teacher col-narrow-left Job ID: 16836 Location:
Taylors Lakes, Vic, Category: Teachers, Primary col-narrow-right Job Views: 199 Employment Type: Contract Posted: 30.04.2019 col-wide Job Description:
Junior School Learning Development and Support (Special Education) Teacher: Preparatory to Year 4 Part-time (0.8 FTE) leave replacement position from 22 July until 20 September, 2019 Taylors Lakes Campus Other details will be discussed with shortlisted applicants at interview POSITION DESCRIPTION
ABOUT OVERNEWTON COLLEGE Overnewton Anglican Community College is a co-educational Preparatory to Year 12 College catering for over 2,000 students across two campuses located in Keilor and Taylors Lakes. Overnewton Anglican Community College strives to be an inclusive learning community, providing a respectful environment where students aspire to excellence in a broad range of curricular and co-curricular opportunities. We value our Christian foundation, and the importance of parents as active members of our College family, as we work together, endeavoring to prepare each of our students to be mentally, physically and spiritually ready for life. Information about Overnewton College is available on the College website: . It is expected that all staff will support the Christian ethos of an Anglican school, be IT literate and be willing to participate in our co-curricular program. ABOUT THE POSITION
The teacher will have responsibility for supporting the learning of Junior School students, as allocated. Details will be discussed as part of the interview process. Responsibilities will include curriculum planning and lesson preparation where relevant, assessment and report-writing, regular communication with parents, attendance at and contribution to Junior School, Professional Learning Community and Student Support Group meetings and other responsibilities such as rostered yard duty. Special Education qualifications are desirable, but applications from outstanding classroom practitioners without these qualifications will be considered. The teacher we are seeking will have the following qualities:
- Enthusiasm for the ethos of the College, and a sense of excitement about learning for themselves as well as for their students
- Detailed knowledge of Australian Curriculum and VCE requirements as relevant to the position
- Demonstrated expertise in teaching at relevant levels
- Well-developed classroom management and communication skills, combined with an ability to engage students
- Excellent general teaching skills and student-centred conceptions of knowledge
- Strong understanding and appreciation of the social, relational, attitudinal, physical and cognitive development of students of the relevant age-groups
- Skills in negotiating the curriculum, managing group work and catering for a wide range of interests, learning styles and abilities
- An ability to incorporate information and communication technologies as an integral part of curriculum
- Collaborative and proactive approaches to handling day to day matters
- Willingness to contribute to Assemblies and Chapel Services as required
Conditions of employment at Overnewton College
- All teachers will hold current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT).
- It is expected that all staff will support the Christian ethos of an Anglican school, be IT literate and will be involved in the co-curricular program as required.
- Overnewton College is an equal opportunity employer and enforces non-discrimination and safe working policies. All staff must be aware of and able to work within Occupational Health and Safety and Equal Employment Opportunity Legislation. The College’s campuses are smoke free.
- Overnewton College has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing child safety, children’s wellbeing and protecting children from abuse. Ministerial order 870 requires Overnewton College to implement child safety standards and to accommodate and take the needs of all children (including but not limited to, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, children with disabilities and children who are vulnerable) into account when creating a child safe environment. All staff must comply with Overnewton College’s Child Safe policies and related policies and procedures and taking all reasonable steps to promote the safety of children.
THE SELECTION PROCESS A preliminary short list of applicants will be prepared and first-round interviews conducted by a panel which will include the Heads of Junior School. Final appointments are made by the Principal or his delegate. All applicants are required to complete the appropriate application form, including additional information as specified . Applications which do not include evidence of registration with the Victorian Institute of Teachers (VIT) will not be considered. In the first instance, enquiries and applications should be directed to: Mrs Andrea Turner, Human Resources Assistant Email: Telephone: 03 9334 0035 EMAILED APPLICATIONS PREFERRED
- Applications close Monday May 13, 2019.
Applications will be acknowledged by email. If acknowledgement of your application has not been received after two working days, please contact the Human Resources Assistant, Andrea Turner (Ph: 9334 0035).