Community Support Worker
As a Community Support Worker, your role it to work with clients, those with a disability, returning home from hospital or elderly to maintain a safe lifestyle in their own home. Duties and service vary from client to client, along with the hours and days of service, main roles you may be asked to undertake include:
- Personal Care Services
- Domestic Assistance
- Meal Preparation
- Shopping Assistance
- Transportation to Events or Medical Appointments
- Activities of Daily Living
We are seeking those with the right attitude, who want to work and prepared to learn. We offer an inclusive and supportive environment, where we can support you into the roles with clients - as required, this is discussed personally with you and the support is built in regards to what you need to be successful in this role.
No experience required!
We are offering minimum 25 hours per week for all new employees with full availability, if you require less hours or have restricted availability, please still apply - this may reduce the hours offered.
Hours and Days of Service
The busiest periods, where clients seek services are generally from 7:00am to 12:00pm and again from 3:00pm to 8:00pm – we prefer candidates to be available for either the morning or evening rush for work, we add additional hours, i.e. respite, shopping, domestic assistance and social support during to the shifts to make the candidates day bulked out.
Work is available Monday to Sunday.
- A car, driver licence
- Minimum 3rd party car insurance
- Must hold an industry specific qualification, i.e. Certificate III in Aged Care, Home Care or Disability, Certificate III in Individual Support, Certificate IV in Disability, Aged Care / Ageing Support or Community Services
- Have an employment Working with Children’s Check (if you don't hold this, Ternary can organise this)
- Be able to complete and have a clear National Coordinated Police Check (organised by Ternary)
- Complete a medical and vaccination check, this is required for the services rendered under the Transitional Care Funding (organised by Ternary)
- Most importantly the ability to communicate with clients and office staff and passion to work in this sector – with those who are elderly or with a disability
- Current First Aid and CPR (if you don't hold this, Ternary can organise this training)
Role Description - Community Support Workers
- Work with other head office staff members to ensure the smooth operation of the day to day delivery of services to clients in accordance to policies and procedures, and in line with the scope of practise and care plan of the client.
- Contribute to and assist in the development and/or evaluation of the role and any training program.
- Assist clients in the daily routine of appropriate community and disability education and experiences.
- Engage in the activities of daily living of the clients.
- Positively interact with all clients, nurturing their experience and giving each client individual attention and comfort.
- Assist in planning for the ongoing support, re-ablement of each client in line with their care plan this also includes maintaining up to date observations and identifying any changes (deteriation or improvements) to the relevant head officer worker.
- Follow the established care plan and report any deteriation or improvement to the relevant head officer worker.
- Assist in the recording of the clients care plan, via a telephone call and reporting information to the relevant head office contact.
- Assist in implementing a consistent daily routine of the clients.
- Ensure a clean and healthy environment for the clients.
- Complete work health and safety checklist.
- Reporting to head off by a telephone call if an incident or near miss has occurred.
- Attend to incidental cleaning and housekeeping associated with the individual and group activities, in alignment with the support workers scope of practices.
- Ability and flexibility to work various hours and days during the week or weekend, this including opportunity to work shift 24/7.
- A desire to deliver care services in a client’s home or a community setting.
- An ability to work various shifts throughout the day, these shift durations may vary dependent on the clients and package requirements.
- Travelling by their own personal vehicle between shifts (clients houses).
- May be requested to transport client in their own personal vehicles.
Regions / Locations
You do not need to be prepared to travel to all locations, but below are the main areas that work is available in. Depending on your skills, hours available and wanting to work, to where you may collect work from. We will make it worth your while when sending you outside your home region.
Employment available within the greater Western Region, Werribee, Altona, Point Cook.
Training & Support
When a new employee, they are required to complete an online induction and e-learning courses, this ongoing training continues throughout their employment with us, this may involve face-to-face training or online training, this would be varied to each employee, their interest and requirements to deliver services.
If this sounds like something you are interested in learning more about, please apply today and make sure you attach your resume and a brief note about yourself.